It’s wild to me that it’s December! At my house the celebration of Christmas is in full swing. Of course this is a time of giving. It’s also a time when, if you’re anything like me, you start to think about the year that’s past and what to create for the year ahead.
Well, this is a special time because it’s also the end of a decade. When I think about the last 10 years and what they meant to me, it’s so wild. The year 2010 started for me on an interesting note. I told my husband at the time that I didn’t want to be with him anymore and that I wanted him to move out. It was certainly one hell of a way to open up a year, let alone a decade. That event was the kick off for a pretty powerful period of my life.
I started this decade as a person who was unhappy, insecure, stuck and afraid. Yet, I knew in my heart everything I was doing was the right decision. I’m ending this decade doing what I love, getting paid really well for it, feeling more connected to myself and having all the things I wanted when I started this decade.
Truth, I’m not here to be all “look what I did”. This is a super powerful time and it’s an opportunity for you to create something knew if you want to. So here’s my tips for creating something new for yourself moving into 2020:
- Clean up what you need to. If you having stuff you haven’t looked at in a while because you’ve been avoiding it, look at it. Deal with it. Get it done.
- Forgive who you need to. If you can’t have a conversation with the person who you want to forgive write them a clearing letter, say what you need to, rip it up and throw it away.
- If you’ve been feeling off, don’t wait till after the holidays are over, get to yoga, go to the gym, walk, move your body. It’s how you move stuck energy through you.
- Get support. Go to therapy. Get a massage. Come to reiki. Clear out the vibes that are holding you back.
- Clear your space. However you want. Whether it’s clearing clutter or using sage, clean out the stuff you don’t want to carry into the new year.
- Create your wish list! What do you want to accomplish? What do you want to have happen? Writing things down makes things happen faster and sends a very clear message about how to move forward!
You’ve got time before this decade flips, so if you’ve been feeling a to of things come up or have had challenges, now is the time to lean into it. Go into 2020 ready for all the blessings that are about to come your way!